Sunday, February 7, 2010

What can be done if someone files a false cps report against you?

My ex boyfriend and his family filed a false report about me to cps. I have had a stressfull time because of it. I want to take it to court and maybe press charges. Nothing in the report was true. His mom (the grandmother) wants my baby. So they tried through the cps. I just want to know if there is anything that can be done, so that way they don't do it again. If I let it go there is a chance they could try again.What can be done if someone files a false cps report against you?
My ex husband and his family have filed eight against me and all of them were denied. As far as i can tell, there is really nothing you can do about it even though it is harassment by proxy. My ex has a history of domestic abuse and stalking against me, and they still can't do anything. I called the Intake Manager at the facility that handled the latest one and told him the story. He took down my name and told me that he couldn't promise me that my children and I wouldn't be investigated again, but that he would look out for our last name so that the reports are screened more closely. That's about as far as I've been able to get since he started this in 2001. This should be a crime. Good luck.What can be done if someone files a false cps report against you?
You need to see an attorney. Yes, there are things you can do to protect yourself, but you cannot keep them from filing false reports. A restraining order is probably a good place to start. Go see an attorney who specializes in family law.
If you can proof they filed a false report they could get jail time,so if you have the proof let them know to stop giving you a hard time.Or you will let the law know about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment