Monday, February 8, 2010

Canadian Law: Can I sue someone for filing a false police report/misleading justice?

My ex had me charged with Domestic Assault by lying to police at the scene. She has since sent a letter to the Crown recanting her statement. She even emailed the letter to me. She says in the letter that she was angry that I locked her out of the house. Court case is still pending. If she gets up on the stand and admits that I did not assault her (other way around actually) can I sue her civilly for damages/suffering/etc under Canadian Law?Canadian Law: Can I sue someone for filing a false police report/misleading justice?
Why bother with a lawsuit when she can get criminal charges for filing a false police report (that's a crime).





You wont get much money from her if you know she's poor. And ther eis always the chance to lose the case and then you still would have to pay for your lawyers.... so do the math and decide if it's worth all the trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment