Friday, February 12, 2010

False Report? How much will I be charged?

I filed a false report to the police and came clean. How much will my charge be??False Report? How much will I be charged?
It depends on what state. In Texas it's a Class-B misdemeanor. It's addressed in article 37.08 of the penal code.


http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Do鈥?/a>





A Class-B misdemeanor here carries a maximum of six months in jail and\or a $2,000.00 fine.


This is addressed in article 12.22 of the penal code.


http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Do鈥?/a>False Report? How much will I be charged?
Well, that obviously wasn't good! I would assume a jail sentence of 1 year in prison (if they charges are continued with).
Alisha,





If they're going to charge you, you need a lawyer. In Texas it is a Class A misdemeanor, which carries a penalty of 1 yr. in the County jail and/or a $2,000.00 fine. Each state is different, but I know of none that don't involve jail time. I am proud of you for coming clean and that should help you somewhat, but talk to a lawyer.
It depends on what state you live in. In Tennessee, filling a false report is a Class E Felony. That is the lowest form of a felony; however, it is still a felony. Felonies are punishable by a prison sentence of no less than 1 year. In this area, it would depend on your record, the circumstances surrounding the case, and the caseload of the court on what type of plea agreement would be offered. I would definitely contact an attorney for representation if I were you.
It is a felony which would be punishable by at least 1 year in prison. However, the court will look at your past record, standing in the community, age, as well as other factors. If you are clean and made a stupid mistake to get back at someone (which is what I am assuming), it won't be much than maybe probation or continued without a finding. If your record is less than stellar, look at probation for at least 2 years and possible prison time.

No comments:

Post a Comment