Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Protection Against Ex-husband's false dss reports?

I am in the middle of a rather ugly custody dispute and when temporary orders were handed down, granting me temporary custody of our child, my ex and his parents decided they would stop at nothing to try to win custody at the final orders hearing. So for the last 12 months, they have been regularly making false reports with dss about me, blatantly lying about me and my ability to mother my child. I thought that after the first dss investigation was dropped, dss would establish the pattern of their reports as being driven by trying to sway the custody battle, but it seems as though it doesn't matter to dss that all the reports are coming from their family because they keep opening new investigations, even going so far as to take my child away temporarily because of the reports. My ex's family has admitted to making the reports, and continues to threaten me, saying that if i don't do what they want they will ruin my life and make me 'want to kill myself'. I have showed dcf statements from over 20 people testifying to the fact that the reports are lies, passed all drug screens i took after voluntarily taking them to try to clear my name, i have been fully cooperative with dss and they have yet to find a single person outside my ex's family who has anything negative to say about me or my mothering, yet they continue to open investigation after investigation. This has ruined my life, I lost my job because I had to miss so much work to do all the things dcf keeps asking of me, they forced me and my son out of our home, they won't allow me to even have a babysitter, and left me with no money or means to provide for myself or my child. I am scared that this will never end, it has been going on for a year now with no end in site, and it is breaking me apart. Is there anything I can do to put a stop to this? Is there anyway I can keep them from continuing to invade my life, make reports and threaten me? It seems like this shouldn't be allowed to happen in this country, but I don't know what to do. I have a lawyer who was appointed to me, but he seems to think it will go away eventually if i keep doing what dss wants, but I need to put an end to it somehow, please help!!!Protection Against Ex-husband's false dss reports?
You can go to regular family attorneys. First consultations are usually free -- they're for determining if you have a case the attorney thinks they handle.





Some attorneys will do pro bono (no fee) cases, which is entirely up to them, or collect 40-60% of case winnings. Bring your DSS reports, and the findings, and any other evidence you have. Also, at least mention the amount of people who can potentially vouch for your character.on the stand or through affidavit (written statement), and verbal threats.





Detail what actual loses of income you've lost (lost job, medical testing, etc.), and what kind of pain and suffering this has caused.





Talk to a DSS agent about the false reports, and ask that a complaint be put in your file. DSS is probably required to investigate all reports, you're just trying to get a paper trail going, and make sure that your ex's attorney (if he has one) can't say that you never complained to DSS or other authorities.





You might also talk to your county District Attorney's office and see what they have to say.Protection Against Ex-husband's false dss reports?
They are required to investigate every single complaint on its own merit.
You have asked this question before. It is a sad commentary on life that this sort of confrontation should take place. But my answer is the same as I have given to you previously. Who is best able to provide for this child? is it you or is it the father. I can quite understand in your mind it is not that simple, but if you search your heart, it really is. This problem is not about your ex husband or you, it is about what is best for the child. What ever the out come, think of it as a victory for your child.





Just one more point then I will quit. You say that you know what is best for the child and that is to be with you. Why cannot you accept that the father feels the same way?. There is a standard saying in all good law offices,it is thus, Negotiate before you litigate, because even the so called winners can land up being the loser.. You and your ex have got to talk and talk and then talk some more to settle this problem that is between you. As I have said, its not about you two, you have had your chance, its all about the best for the child.

No comments:

Post a Comment