Friday, February 12, 2010

A company has reported I owe a false amount to a collection company, what can I do to have it removed?

I owed an apartment 1,257, I;ve paid 1,100 of it. They were right to send $157 to the collections company, they actually reported the entire 1,257 to collections. This affects my credit as well as my fathers as he co-signed for me. What can I do to clear this up?A company has reported I owe a false amount to a collection company, what can I do to have it removed?
You need to contact the apartment owner and tell them to mark the 1100 as payed, by law they must do this. Perhaps the full amount was owing when first lodged with the collection agency.


Edit: Pay the 157 as soon as you can.A company has reported I owe a false amount to a collection company, what can I do to have it removed?
Dispute it by writing a letter and keep copies. Show proof of payment. Here are some sample letters to write:





http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forms/





Good luck.
You have to file a dispute with the credit reporting agency.
Tell them to send written proof you owe the debt.


Be very sure to keep a copy of the checks you sent to pay the debt.


Then send a copy of the checks and any other documentation to the collections company. They'll probably ignore the evidence and continue to hound you. Then you get to sue them in small claims court under the Fair Debt Collections act.
  • hair show
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment