Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Do you feel that adressing or tackling the problem of false rape reports will harm victims of rape and/or?

result in more rapists in the street ? Or hurt women in some other way ?Do you feel that adressing or tackling the problem of false rape reports will harm victims of rape and/or?
Rapists should be dealt with severely. Those who would make a false accusation of rape should aslo be dealt with severely.Do you feel that adressing or tackling the problem of false rape reports will harm victims of rape and/or?
Nope I think it will help....





If false reports are considered crimes and charges are pressed....the police will be able to put more time into the real cases. Hopefully resulting in less rapes in the long run.


If we know how many are false a true reliable number, I feel more women will be taken seriously.





please dont read between the lines....I still believe the numbers are low...but I also believe it needs to be stopped no matter the numbers
A false rape report can ruin a man's life just as an actual rape can ruin a woman's life.





Rape is a terrible thing and women who falsely accuse men are trivialising it. They are weakening and giving a bad reputation to actual victims of real rape, who should be taken very seriously.
No...but attacking every woman who says she's been raped IS harmful.





Look I'm going to very honest here and you guys may not like what I'm about to say, and that's o.k. because I feel it really needs to be said. What we're seeing on this forum- all these guys who think rape is one big joke and one big conspiracy against men- is a direct result of spending so much time vilifying women on websites like antimisandry.com. They wallow in hate and they are spreading it. And to tell you the truth it makes me sick. I'm all for men's rights...but I am not for misogyny...and antimisandry.com is a misogynistic website that's credibility is next to zero because they cannot see fit to weed out the hatred. Instead it's called ';freedom of expression';...yeah right. Freedom to spout racist, sexist, poisonous garbage and call it ';truth';. Look at the effects on the guys in here! You all hate women, and you come in here day after day put women down. And you act so ';surprised'; and indignant when people get upset about it.





Edit: Really? Because I've been reading all the questions and posts pertaining to this topic this morning and there are a few who have said this more than once: that MOST rape allegations are ';false.'; And some have even quoted statistics like ';60%-90%'; of rape accusations are false. I've been reading things like ';why is there a hierarchy of crime';? WTF?
No. Out of the 4 billion women on this planet. The vast majority never get raped. Maybe a few thousand and even less in America.





I'd spend more of my time worrying about world hunger.
No, it would be only fair to not blindly accept rape reports.
I don't think addressing the problem of false accusations will hurt the victims any more than they already have been, and rapist get put back on the street as easily as they can post bail. I also think pursuing false leads due to these statements should lead to heavy fines and imprisonment.


Those who come forth with false accusations are heartless narcissists.





Nothing is ever truly done once someone is arrested for rape anyway. I mean, look at how many sexual predators there are, and those are the ones who have been caught.


I don't think tackling the problem with false reports will result in more rapists - unfortunately there are plenty.
If any thing I believe it just might get people to think a bit before coming forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment