Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Am I the only nerd on here that reports false representation?

I've now seen a couple cases of people claiming to be vets in their answers who CLEARLY are not. I find this to be very sever and fraudulent. Not to mention dangerous. Am I the only one? Do other people report them, or am I wasting my time?





The same goes for foolish, inappropriate, or inflammatory questions. I see people answering them and I have to wonder why they just didn't report them.Am I the only nerd on here that reports false representation?
You aren't wrong to report these type of questions or answers. You are right that claiming to be a vet when a person has no animal medical experience can be dangerous.





But to answer your question, no...I don't do a lot of reporting. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've reported...and they have been statements that I felt put people's well being at severe risk, particularly when I know that teens visit this site.Am I the only nerd on here that reports false representation?
I think too much crap gets reported, personally- Y!A says they want the experience to be ';enjoyable';, but trolls support any ';fun'; questions.





I figure if you're going to ask a question, it's up to you to be responsible enough to evaluate your answers, and continue to do your OWN research- Sort of ';buyer beware'; If some yaywho wants to pass themselves off as vet but can't spell it (or chihuahua)- then any idiot who believes they are legit has some serious issues!
I think this question is more of a rant than a question.


Maybe I should report it.





My opinion is that people should only report reallly serious offenses because the YA people have enough to do %26amp; people should be mature enough to settle things by themselves without mama...
I very rarely report posts.. and only if there is something really bad or dangerous in it.. as for false representation .. HOW do you know for sure unless you know them? You cannot prove it..





I try to give people the benefit of the doubt.. (and most posts I notice on here are from people saying they are vet techs.. not vets)
I think you should relax and stop spending so much time worrying about this. Anyone dumb enough to take medical advice from a stranger on the internet deserves to be left to fend for themselves anyways. Get another hobby! ;)
I have found that people get really nasty.





Someone called me a propogandist for not feeding my rabbits processed pellets.





People on here are just ignorant and grumpy.
I only report stuff that is really sick and clearly illegal.

No comments:

Post a Comment