Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Suing for false police reports in Maryland. Need information. ?

Background: My ex and I have a four year old son. He lives with his mother, and live with my husband. Neither of us have pursued legal custody, so what we have now is natural custody, I believe. We both share an equal amount of time with our son. I found out that he wants to move out of state, and I told him that I want full custody.





The result: He called the police and made a false report claiming that my husband has strangled, hit, and burned my son with a cigarette. There is no evidence, but he somehow got my son to tell the police this happened. My husband was arrested and spent two weeks in jail until I bailed him out. He got a lawyer. Currently the lawyer is working on having the charges dropped. Apparently he's a pretty good lawyer, because we spent $7000 on him.





My question: After my husband is proven innocent and the charges are dropped, we plan to sue my ex. What can he be sued for, and will he serve time in jail? We live in the state of Maryland.





I asked the lawyer, but he said right now we just need to focus on getting the charges dropped. I wanna know NOW, lol.Suing for false police reports in Maryland. Need information. ?
You can't sue someone into jail. However, you should speak with a civil attorney to find this answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment