Wednesday, February 10, 2010

This girl is filed a false police report on me. What can I sue her for?

This girl filed a PPO on me for harrasement. Over the past 6 months, shes probably called me 2000 + times but says I'm harrasing her. I have my phone records and I'm obviously fighting it. If I win the case, I'm filing a lawsuit for lawyer fees, court cost to fight it but can I go after her for humiliation, embarrasement etc... and then go after her for filing a false police report?This girl is filed a false police report on me. What can I sue her for?
Go for embarrassment. I know I'd be embarrassed if I posted this question.This girl is filed a false police report on me. What can I sue her for?
Yes you can. In this state that is called malicious prosecution and you can sue people for it and collect damages, based on what you are out from trying to defend yourself against fales charges. Good luck.
yes if you can prove it is her doing the harassing
Make a report with the police department, and show them whatever phone records or other evidence you have to prove your side. If she really is the one doing the harrassing, then the police will charge her with filing a false report, which is a serious offense.





What good will filing a lawsuit do? Unless she has alot of money, you may win but then she won't be able to pay you. And then you will be stuck with legal fees as well.
If it's proven she filed a false police report, you can get back court and legal fees, etc in a civil court. As for criminal court, depending on which state you're in, if found guilty she can be fined, get jail time. Normally, civil cases FOLLOW the criminal ones. It helps the case. If she's found guilty in a criminal court of the offence, it will help a civil court determine compensation since it's already been proven that she's guilty.
defimation of character.
it is a criminal offense to make a false report. Also if she does anything under oath or signs an affidavit, etc. She may be guilty of purjury. You can make counterclaims against her for harrassment. If her complaints are found to be without merit you may be able to sue for slander; defamation of character; time lost from work; etc. Do you have a lawyer? You should.
Yep, defninetely a defimation of character.





You stole my answer!!! lol
Probably, but ask your lawyer. The same thing happened to my friends son and he ended up getting a police record for it and had to go to anger management classes and he didn't even do anything wrong- the stupid girl did.
Its a legal term called punitive damages, for the misc expenses you had to pay out or losses you had due to the problem.
do whatever u want
Talk to your lawyer about what else you can file for...she can get into legal trouble for swearing out false charges
Defimation of character.
the problem with defamation of character is that i believe you have to prove that her accusations cost you money. for example, if you were running a hair salon and someone went around untruthfully saying you ruined their hair and it cost you thousands of dollars in business. you have to show you are out money because of their actions.
... You can sue her for harassment to throw some irony into the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment