Thursday, February 4, 2010

What do you think of police officers who file false reports of being somewhere where they never were?

I was in a slip and fall accident 3 years ago and this police officer filed a report stating she saw me, spoke to me about what happened in detail but I know that was no police officer ever there. I was fully conscious and aware of everything going on. I never told anyone at the scene of the accident or at the hospital any details on the accident and how it happened, I just said I slipped on the ice.Also the EMS report had her name on their report too. This police officer was summoned and had to give a sworn deposition recently and she has now even changed the location of my accident. Next month she will probably have to come to court because my accident case is going to trial. Any feedback would be great.What do you think of police officers who file false reports of being somewhere where they never were?
Uh-oh. This is fraud. Do you have an attorney. An attorney can subpoena the officer's log sheet and radio dispatch calls (the latter will likely not be a recording but a log with the dispatch of where the officer said they were) and compare the two to make sure they match. If they don't thats perjury. A lawyer can also subpoena the EMS and ask them straight out if the officer was there - under oath - under the penalty of law. People are quick to do a favor for a cop but they are not going to go to jail for it. Few people lie under oath for another. You are going to need evidence like that - otherwise the officer's word is going to get in and few will doubt it then. BTW - judges are no friends of liars - cop or otherwise. So, you need to get some evidence - the judge won't have a problem with that.What do you think of police officers who file false reports of being somewhere where they never were?
Thank you so much for your feedback. It was extremely helpful to me.

Report Abuse



And people wonder why cops are hated. Ha
typical cop. they are ALL liars and cheats and frauds. if you didn't know that beforehand, welcome to reality.
they should be all given vasectomies
I think that is shameful for anyone to lie like that, and especially to file a false report or testify falsely. Can your attorney try to prove she was not at the scene? Can anyone testify that they didn't see her? Or maybe someone could testify that they saw her elsewhere when she was supposedly with you? I hope you have a lawyer, and I am sure that person can assist you with this. Good luck!!!
Sucks to be you.

No comments:

Post a Comment