Thursday, February 4, 2010

What can I do if someone reports a false crime about me?

My ex-boyfriend has been harassing me over the phone %26amp; I had no choice but to call the police %26amp; have them talk to him. I have NOT CALLED HIM AT ALL!!! But out of revenge he called the police on me %26amp; told them I was harassing him over the phone...I want charges brought up against him for lying to the police %26amp; clear my name...What can I do?What can I do if someone reports a false crime about me?
The issue is if it is a land-line, and the ex is not a toll call, your phone will not show any calls. Same for his records. Now, if they are cell phones, both will have records. That can be shown to the police. However......not much is going to happen based on these facts. If he lied to the police, that is a crime against the police. My advise, get a restraining order and get him out of your life. With a RO, you can record calls by him, and create some evidence. Also, get a camera, and keep it around if he shows up.What can I do if someone reports a false crime about me?
Make him TRY to prove it.
Phone records. When the police investigate the crime, he can provide the phone records. Then they will know exactly how many phone calls came from you. If the phone records indicate that you never called him and indicate that he's called you everyday, then it will become fairly obvious to the investigators.





You an also get a copy of your phone records....they will show the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment