Sunday, February 7, 2010

False Police Reports and Slander help, please?

I really need some legal help or advice. My parents recently went through a hostile divorce. Now my father lives with his girlfriend. His girlfriend has threatened to to make false police reports about me and my sisters. We barely even know or have met her.. She originally tried to claim that my father or we stole money from her house, but then conceded that she had no idea what happened. Now she has this car vandalism idea. She has parked her car near our house, by some friend's of hers home. My father believes she may have her friends damage her car, then she and they will try to blame my sisters and I for it. I'm afraid to go to the police around here about this, because I have no concrete proof of this, and they may contact her about it. In which she would deny and it and attempt to file a harassment case against me. I don't know what to do. Are there any lawyers or police officers who may be able to help?False Police Reports and Slander help, please?
I'm with Captain Moe on this one. I don't think what you're describing so far is a crime in any state (I'm referring to the things she's ';talking'; about doing or that you think she'll do).





This is all a bunch of crazy talk from some woman, for some reason. Until something actually happens, my best advice to you is just to steer clear of her and her car, and try not to worry about it. I know that's not what you were hoping for, but after a few years of hearing about wacks like this woman running their mouth, I've come to learn that far more often than not, it's just talk.False Police Reports and Slander help, please?
Call the policve and give them the heads up, just make sure they take a compliant report, that way its on paper and you have proof. Then if she says anything, they look at her and not you.
This is only my opinion, I am not a professional in this field.


Still, it sounds as if you can let all of this drop.


False police reports go unsolved and become cold since there is nothing to them.


As for slander, any lawyer will probably tell you that you cannot sue anyone for slander. There is no tangible loss she would cause, just wounded pride. Liabel is something else. Say this person went to your work and revealed something false about you that got you fired. The best you can do is to sue them for loss of wages.


Then again, if you go around and talk about this, you might be responsible for giving people reason for doubting your character before she says anything.


My experience is these people want to see you and your sisters squirm with worry and fret. Don't do it. Act like she is a loon and her opinion and talk mean nothing. Don't even get mad. Act like you pity her, she is so sadly pathetic, and most people will have doubts about what she tells them.
Are you living in the Kendall area? (Sorry, sounds like something that would happen there)





Anyways, Until she does something, you must do nothing. If your father cannot reign in his girlfriend, how are you supposed to?


Don't do anything, unless she does something against you.





Your problem is not a problem at all. Do not forget. In court, they have to prove that you're guilty. You do not have to prove that you're innocent. However, do remember this: some people can lie better than you can tell the truth.
Don't worry, if she is the only one claiming you did these things with no proof you don't have a chance of getting in trouble.





Your father needs to dump the crazy ****** before she does something REALLY harmful. She sounds like a nutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment