Sunday, February 7, 2010

What legal action can I take against the person making false reports about me?

My boyfriend's ex girlfriend has been making heinous false reports about me...she does so ';anonymously'; but we know it is her...she filed a report with CPS under his friend's name and even forged his friend's signature on a written report that was proven to be completely false when they investigated it....now she has really crossed the line because I am nurse and she sent an e-mail to my job stating that I use drugs like cocaine and heroine...which is so far fetched because I don't even drink!! Anyway I of course submitted to a drug test, but had to be removed from work until they got the negative results. Anyway, sorry to be so long winded, but I am understandably upset and want to know what legal action if any I can take against her...I live in NY state if that makes a difference...Thanks for the help!What legal action can I take against the person making false reports about me?
you can make a report and the state of NY can prosecute her for fraud and at the same time you can file a suit for slander and attempt to tie in a restraining order with that suit.





Don't hold your breath tho.What legal action can I take against the person making false reports about me?
Police.
Making false reports to damage your reputation and your ability to earn a living is harassment as well as slander. You should contact the police about the incidents and make a report, and report any future harassment.


It will be difficult to prove that this person is responsible without evidence, so the police report is crucial. If you or the police eventually obtain evidence, she may be arrested and charged. After that, you can file a civil case in small claims court to sue her for financial and punitive damages. Judges don't like harassers.
Making false claims to authorities can be illegal. The claims to your job could have been something you could sue over, if you lost income due to it. (Incidentally, you should demand that the claim be removed from your record, or it could haunt you later.)





But I'm afraid 'we know it's her' just isn't sufficient. If the claims were made anonymously, or through another name, there is almost nothing you can do about it. Your belief means almost nothing in court, you'd have to be able to PROVE it was her.





I'd just ignore her, she will eventually lose interest and go back to watching Jerry Springer.

No comments:

Post a Comment