Sunday, February 7, 2010

How do I seek redress against someone who filed a false police report against me?

My college professor, known to be mentally ill, filed a false police report against me for stalking and threatening her. The administration and police did not take the charge seriously. The police captain told me she has a record of targeting students like this going back fifteen years. The dean says they will be removing her. She also lied about me and told other students not to talk to me. What are my legal options for redress?';How do I seek redress against someone who filed a false police report against me?
It's a criminal offense to file a false report, but there are several reasons for not pursuing it. Cost of a trial in context of potential mitigating circumstances (mental illness?) could make it a waste of time.





Your best best is probably to pursue it in civil court. Preponderance of evidence is more lenient, but unless you've suffered actual damages that you can physically prove, you won't get much for the possible damages you might have faced.





If it's gone back for 15 years and the college was cognizant of it and did nothing, you might have a civil case against them, but again, you'd have to prove substantial damages. As you said, no one took her seriously, which means she was a nuisance but not actually dangerous.How do I seek redress against someone who filed a false police report against me?
Talk to the District Attorney's Office.
You are unlikely to stop her by suing her for damages.





Seek a lawyer to get a judge to order her to submit all future allegations to him, before they go to the police.





If she does not comply, he can put her in jail. There, psychiatric treatment may begin for her.
She's mentally ill. They are a protected class in this society. Move on with your life.
What damages are there? She si a crank, and the cops know it. their investigation was none because of that, and they didn't press anything.





That sounds like perfect justice already for you.





You think you hit the lottery or something?
you might want to talk to the police and DA's office for advice.
Lawyer up

No comments:

Post a Comment